Five Incredible Reasons To Explore Antarctica This Autumn
London, 30 July 2019 – With early season Antarctic voyages just a few months away, leading expedition cruise specialist, One Ocean Expeditions (OOE), is gearing up for another spectacular Antarctic season. Offering an impressive array of exciting adventures, onboard educational programming and special guests, passengers will explore the white continent onboard OOE’s flagship vessel, RCGS Resolute, boasting the highest ice-class rating allowing access to rich wildlife, serene bays and mountainous terrain.
Here are the top five reasons to visit Antarctica in the early season with One Ocean Expeditions:
- October and November mark the beginning of spring in Antarctica, an optimum time for wildlife viewing as many species return from warmer, northern climes to mate. Penguin rookeries with hundreds of thousands of birds start to nest, and massive numbers of elephant seals collect on the beaches for their mating rituals – a truly unforgettable sight.
- Photographers can hone their skills with award-winning photographer Daisy Gilardini on the South Georgia In-Depth Photography Symposium voyage. Renowned for her wildlife photography, Daisy has completed over 80 expeditions to Antarctica. Throughout the voyage, Daisy will join guests onshore and during zodiac cruises assisting them with photographic composition and technique. Joining Daisy is David McEown, a famed water-colour artist, who will host a variety of art and drawing workshops whilst on board.
- The second trip of the season also benefits from pristine conditions following the heavy snowfall of the Antarctic winter. The Antarctic Peninsula Adventure – Off The Beaten Track voyage allows guests to enjoy this stunning landscape and pure white snow through ski touring, snowshoeing and hiking. For experienced skiers, carving ‘fresh tracks’ in virgin Antarctic snow with OOE’s experienced IFMGA guides is a once-in-a-lifetime experience.
- Guests have the opportunity to immerse themselves in OOE’s comprehensive educational programme. Welcomed back for their sixth season with OOE, the team from the California Ocean Alliance is continuing their study on the migratory patterns of whales. Research during the early season allows Dr. Ari Friedlaender and his team to further build an informed database studying the migration of whales throughout the year. Guests can also visit the state-of-the-art ‘One Lab’ to see this science in action, or enjoy the many onboard exhibits created especially for RCGS Resolute.
- Camping on the ice and waking up in company of curious penguins is a unique experience. Pending weather conditions, intrepid campers will carve their bed in the snow and star gaze from the Antarctic Peninsula. OOE provides winter clothing and all necessary gear for a memorable night under the Antarctic sky.
The South Georgia In-Depth Photography Symposium voyage runs from 6 – 21 November 2019 with prices starting at US$13,195 per person.
The Antarctic Peninsula Adventure – Off The Beaten Track voyage runs from 21 November to 1 December 2019 with prices starting at US$11,295 per person.
The Antarctica Peninsula Adventure voyage runs from 1 – 11 December 2019 with prices starting at US$11,295 per person.
Book before 31 August 2019 and receive a $1000USD travel credit on the voyages listed above.
For more information about the Antarctica ‘Off the Beaten Track’ Voyage: https://www.oneoceanexpeditions.com/antarctica/antarctica-off-the-beaten-track
For more information on the South Georgia In-Depth Photography Symposium Voyage: https://www.oneoceanexpeditions.com/antarctica/south-georgia-in-depth- photography-symposium
For more information on the Antarctic Peninsula Voyage: https://www.oneoceanexpeditions.com/antarctica/antarctic-peninsula-adventure
For more information about Antarctic Voyages: https://www.oneoceanexpeditions.com/antarctica
For images visit: https://bit.ly/2Oeul02
For media enquiries please contact: Debra Taylor E: email@example.com Tel: 00 44 7956 852197
About One Ocean Expeditions
One Ocean Expeditions is a proudly Canadian world leader in expedition cruising. Committed to environmental and social responsibility, One Ocean Expeditions offers passengers personalized marine experiences in some of the most unspoiled and ecologically sensitive places on Earth. With a range of innovative itineraries in Antarctica, The Arctic, Canada’s East Coast, Greenland, Chile, Central America, Scotland, Iceland and the Faroe Islands; One Ocean Expeditions has earned a reputation for exceptional quality, customer service, industry-leading safety standards, and unparalleled value. In addition to creating once-in-a-lifetime experiences for our guests, One Ocean Expeditions supports environmental awareness and education, world-class scientific research in sensitive ecosystems, historical preservation, and the sustainment of local communities. One Ocean Expeditions maintains ongoing affiliations with an array of scientific and educational institutions and is proud to serve as the exclusive marine travel partner of The Royal Canadian Geographical Society.